Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Apple Brownie

Wow, I haven't posted on here in way too long!

I've been trying out some new recipes recently and realized that I don't really have a good recipe storage system. I find recipes in all different places - cookbooks, websites, etc. - and I usually change them up a little bit, and then of course the next time I want to make it, I cant remember either where I got it or what changes I made! So I think I will try to get back to posting recipes here. I don't have pictures for everything at this point, but I will take some when I make these things again and then add the pictures.

These apple brownies are super easy to make. The hardest part is peeling and dicing the apple, which is not hard at all. I probably got them into the oven in about 10 minutes. And of course they are super delicious!

Apple Brownie
Adapted from this Martha Stewart recipe
Yield: 1 8x8 square pan, or 9 2.5-inch squares
Print recipe

1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 firm-sweet apple, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.

  2. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment, leaving a slight overhang on all sides.

  3. In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, and egg and whisk until pale, about 2 minutes.

  4. Add walnuts and apples and mix slightly.

  5. In a small bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to mixture and stir in just until combined.

  6. Scrape batter into pan and bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.

  7. Cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment